Home About Community Corporate Blog Contact Us

JOB SEARCH: What are your best tips on finding the right job?

It can be hard to choose the right career path – even harder to find a job at a company that fits you, or truly fulfills what you’re wanting to do 5+ days a week. What are the best tips you have for finding the right job?

I ALWAYS ask the recruiter what their favorite part of the company is and their response absolutely can make or break the company for me!

I think it’s important to

1. find passion and a way to express it. It can be analytics, building relationships with clients, getting creative in spreadsheets, it doesn’t have to be something crazy or drastic.

2. Know there will always be aspects of a job that aren’t perfect. We all have to take out the garbage so to speak, so understand what part of the garbage you’ll be taking out.

3. Company culture is very important. A company with a great culture is a place you can stay at for a long time, even if a manager leaves or you want to change roles. Look for happy people, camaraderie

4. I know there is a lot of talk about loving your manager - and I agree. But I don’t believe we can rely on a manager because so many great managers take new roles, get promoted to bigger teams, etc. They may not be around for long enough to make the impact you want on your career.

5. Do something NEW. It doesn’t have to be 100% new. But it should be learning a new skill, a different aspect of your existing business. I think picking up skills is a huge part of a career path that is not talked about as often as it should be. Feeling discomfort as you learn means you made the right choice and are building out new skills you can take with you for the rest of your career

Take chances. Even when things might be going well, sometimes you have to see what else might be out there. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, but its good to take a look and potentially take a chance on something new or different.

1 Like

The first thing you need to succeed in an interview is a great resume. Now there is a site that uses AI to help you create the resume you’ve always wanted. Get a new resume for free at http://www.glever.com. You will love it!